Thursday, October 18, 2007

New tools

I came into this year with high hopes - wanted to do weekly podcasts, wikis and blogging. I feel good. I started the year off with blogs - the students do them weekly or every 2 weeks. I am determining what exactly I want to accomplish with them, but even so, they have been great so far. I know I can take it further and I want to make sure I am having the students get the most out of it. Podcasting - weekly is not feasible - but having them do end of unit reviews - so far this has been fun for them and a neat way to have an audio review for audio visual learners. Wikis have been great for end of unit reviews also - it is a big study guide where everyone can add their piece. I wonder what other teachers are using wikis for and I think language teachers can do great with podcasts. Sometimes I find it hard with math though. I keep looking!

No comments: