Friday, October 26, 2007

What is my goal?

I am really enjoying reading the blogs that my classes are writing and for the most part, I am able to touch base with them and it is like a weekly 'how are you doing?' and where are your trouble areas. I want to extend it so that it has more meaning and more of a collaborative aspect for the students. I'm trying to think of how I can do that. Many of the students, more so freshmen than upperclassmen are giving me feedback that they do not like it and do not see the point. I do explain that it is a way for me to see how they are doing and what concerns they have, but I would like for them to get more out of it.

I'm doing a presentation on wikis in 2 weeks. If you have seen some good wikis to show or have any ideas, I would love to hear them.

1 comment:

Lazaristhebest said...

Hey Mrs. D ,
Sorry to hear that us "Upperclassman" don't care about the blog. Yes I agree it is a good way to touch base and all but I think we should have a class disscuion the first 10 min of class to see where people are strugiling because many people are so busy with homeork and projects that they just don't have time. It's just a suggestion. By the way D Day fruit day. Don't Forget =]
-Laz