Thursday, May 8, 2008

New tools!

What new tools are you using? I just read about Technorati, I know it is not new - what do you use it for? How about Apture? Do you use it? This year I have succeeded in keeping up weekly reading educational blogs and getting my students to blog as well as comment. I might tweak it next year, but I think it has been great. I also want to give them more time to explore the non-math educational aspects of blogging. Right now, for them, it seems forced. I ended up having each kid do a summary of the week and the rest of the class has to comment every 2 weeks of one of the ones that was completed. It forces the person summarizing to review everything and forces the others to constructively criticize as well as read the review. This has been a great success! Over the summer I hope to look at some new tools and incorporate them. I want to check out how other math teachers are incorporating these into their classrooms. The last few months have flew by - can't believe it has been 5 months + since I blogged!!

Summer will be refreshing!

No comments: